This combination of broccoli with potatoes and eggs in garlic sauce is prepared in our family since the time of my grandmother. It is a delicious vegetarian recipe and is good too as a side to meat or chicken. You can prepare the garlic sauce in advance.
• 4 large eggs
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 2 large slices of bread, diced 2x2 inches, to make croutons
• 1 lb white potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/2 inch thick
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 2 large broccolis
• 1/2 cup garlic sauce (see email@example.com in Salsas y Marinados)
• Kosher salt
1. Cook the eggs in boiling water about 9-10 minutes. Drain and keep them in ice water. Peel them and cut into halves.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and cook until lightly golden brown. Remove and reserve. Add the bread and cook until golden brown. Place on paper towels. Reserve.
3. Put a large pot of cold water over high heat, add the potatoes and onions. Add the salt when they were boiling. Cook until the potatoes are tender but firm. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
4. Cut the broccoli lengthwise, wash it thoroughly and peel the log with a peeler. Place them in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain and place in ice water. Take out and reserve.
5. In a small saucepan heat the garlic sauce and add some of the reserved water if it is too thick. Keep warm.
6. Place a large skillet or grill over high heat, drizzle with a little oil, brown the broccoli on each side just for a few second. Flip them with tongs. Reserve.
7. In a large tray place the potatoes, the broccoli on top, the croutons, garlic and eggs. Drizzle the warm garlic sauce over the plate. Serve.